Sunday, April 28, 2013

Waiting On God



Waiting On God

 


SCRIPTURE: PSALM 62:1-2 (MESSAGE)
62 1-2 God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.
WAITING ON GOD
I believe one of the main stressors in a home is experienced when a husband or a wife has to wait for their spouse to get ready. However we can take this to another level in our spiritual life. We ask God to answer our prayer today rather than in His time. Do you have a pressing need from which you desperately need deliverance? Are you willing to wait as long as he says? The temptation to take matters into your own hands ends up as a disaster. David was able to be patient because he believed that everything he really needed comes from God. Do you realize that one must plant their feet on the solid rock and praise God for deliverance even before it occurs. Faith will allow us to be set for life. We need to pray for our nation’s leaders to prayerfully make decisions that reflect faith in God. The core beliefs that marked this nation as a Christian nation need to be returned to and be reflected in our laws and statutes. Know that God has heard your prayers and he will answer every prayer. As a parent my children would come and ask, “Daddy can I…” questions. I as a responsible parent would consider if it would benefit my child and then give an answer, yes or no or not now. Your Heavenly Father does the same thing.
PRAYER FOR TODAY: Dear Jesus: We vow to “stay the course” and Lord we need help to restore the core beliefs among your people, namely recognition that God is our help and deliverer. We seek a revival that brings us to our knees asking for forgiveness. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.

1 comment: