Friday, November 16, 2012

WHEN IS THANKSGIVING?


Posted Nov 16, 2012

“WHEN IS THANKSGIVING?


SCRIPTURE: Ps 50:14 Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High.Ps 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving.Ps 95:2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.Ps 100:1 «A Psalm of Thanksgiving. » Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!DEVOTIONAL: Now is the time to give thanks to the Lord. The Bible tells us to lift up our head and shout thanks to the Lord. Why? I challenge you to get a sheet of paper and write as a heading; “A list of what I am thankful for”. Then list them. I have submitted an example below:



WHAT I AM THANKFUL FOR

1. Redemption!!! Christ has paid the price for our sins which separated us from God.2. Christian parents who taught me about the Bible and how to pray.3. Living in a land where there is freedom to worship the Lord openly.4. The immeasurable benefits of Grace.5. To be alive. A year ago I was told by my doctor that my time was short and to get things in order.6. A wonderful wife that has filled my life with joy and companionship.7. Wonderful children that love me.8. I am so excited to live on a ranch in Texas. I am a country boy!!!9. I have been blessed to pastor and preach for 50 years plus and see lives changed for Christ.10. I am excited about what is in front of me and I know that what is ahead is greater than what is behind.11. I am headed for a reunion with loved ones and friends and my precious Jesus.12. I am grateful for the media of the internet to share Christ to the world from my home computer.   This list is submitted by Pastor Glen Aycock.


PRAYER THOUGHT 
Dear Jesus, help me to begin to give thanks daily for your love and plans for my life. Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment